CHARACTER HOME IN HISTORIC PRECINCT
57 Vancouver Street
ALBANY, WA 6330
This delightful character home with fabulous harbour views offers you the chance to own a piece of historic Albany.
As it approaches a century old, this lovely property shows beautiful maturity rather than age, and its original jarrah floors and doors, high ceilings, picture rails, timber sash windows and open fireplaces give it timeless appeal.
The original cottage, probably built for Albany Woollen Mills workers, has been carefully maintained and extended over the years. Improvements have enhanced and complemented the original home, and it now offers the comfort, versatility and space demanded by today’s families.
Its proximity to the city centre is another drawcard – the property is a few minutes’ walk from restaurants, the farmers’ market, the library, shops and parkland, and the children could walk or cycle to school.
Constructed mainly of weatherboard and Colorbond, the spacious home occupies a neat 615sqm block with a single garage at the rear and off-road parking for several vehicles.
At the front door, a long hallway leads to the back of the home, past three of the bedrooms and the impressive bathroom featuring a clawfoot bath, walk-in shower, toilet and long vanity. The bedrooms are all king-sized and two have fireplaces, while one also has a dressing room.
There’s another bedroom downstairs. With a spa bath, shower, toilet and built-in wardrobe, this bedroom is ideal as guest quarters, but it also lends itself to a range of different uses such as a studio, home office or gym.
In addition to the warm, welcoming lounge, there’s a sizeable sunroom or family room along the rear of the house, with windows to maximise the fabulous views to the port and over Princess Royal Harbour to Little Grove and Vancouver Peninsula.
Sharing the view through the sunroom are the centrally located dining area and the adjoining kitchen – with abundant cabinetry and a chef’s stove.
On the lower floor is a sheltered seating area leading out to a paved patio in the back garden, which is fully fenced and with a lawn, garden beds and trees.
All this adds up to a wonderful lifestyle awaiting the fortunate new owners of this outstanding real estate.
What you need to know:
– Spacious character home with fabulous harbour views
– Original jarrah floors and doors, high ceilings, timber sash windows, fireplaces
– 615sqm block, neat gardens, garage and ample parking
– Generous lounge with open fire
– Sunroom or family room
– Dining area
– Kitchen with chef’s stove and white cabinetry
– Four king-sized bedrooms, one with dressing room or study
– Spa bath, shower and toilet off downstairs bedroom
– Main bathroom with clawfoot bath, shower, vanity, toilet
– Sheltered rear alfresco area
– Abundant storage space
– Walk to town, cafés, shops, parkland, schools, jetty
– Carefully maintained and extended cottage
– Offers coveted lifestyle as part of historic Albany
– 2017/2018 Water Rates $1,353.73
– 2018/2019 Council Rates $2,275.91
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 615.0 m²