COSY UP IN COMFY COTTAGE
36 Townsend Street
Lockyer, WA 6330
Phone: 9841 4022
Mobile: 0409 684 653
Request Property Information
This delightful character cottage displays some lovely features reflecting its 1950s origins, and occupies a great-sized, fully serviced block of 898 sqm about five minutes’ drive from town.
The fibro and tile cottage is around the corner from a good primary school and near all family amenities, making it a terrific starter home, though it would be equally suitable as a downsizer or rental investment.
Polished jarrah floorboards flow throughout the living areas, kitchen and bedrooms, and the home still has some of the original timber tongue-and-groove doors, which could be stripped of paint to bring out their natural beauty.
At the front is the lounge, with a gas bayonet fitting for a heater, and next to this the dining area, leading around the corner to the kitchen.
Having undergone modernisation in recent years, the kitchen is a bright space with white cabinetry, a gas cooker, space for the fridge-freezer and a view over the back yard from the sink.
Both bedrooms are doubles and the bathroom, with a bath, shower and vanity, is at the back of the home, off the laundry, where there’s also the separate toilet.
The land is mostly in lawn with a few native trees and raised veggie and herb beds, as well as a garden shed, in the fully fenced back yard.
There’s plenty of parking on the driveway at the front, and a high-clearance carport in the back yard for stowing the caravan.
Door security screens, a sheltered deck at the front and good venetian blinds are other advantages of this home, which is in good order throughout.
The building is sound, so new owners or tenants could move in without any work to do, though it wouldn’t take much to personalise it and enhance its charm.
Buyers on a budget will be impressed with the home as well as its price tag.
To arrange an inspection before you miss out, don’t delay in contacting Lee Stonell on 0409 684 653 or email@example.com
What you need to know:
– Fibro and tile 1950s cottage
– Fully serviced 898 sqm block, mostly in lawn
– High ceilings; original jarrah floors and some timber doors
– Lounge with gas bayonet for heater
– Dining area
– Modern white kitchen with gas cooking
– Two double bedrooms
– Bathroom – bath with shower over, vanity
– Separate toilet
– Fully fenced back yard, veggie beds, garden shed
– Good off-road parking
– Wide side access to rear of block
– High-clearance carport in yard
– Sheltered front deck
– Sound condition, in good order throughout
– Ideal first home, downsizer or rental investment
– Around the corner from primary school
– Easy access to high school, TAFE, shops
– About five minutes’ drive from town
– Council rates $1,743.09
– Water rates $1,463.15
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 898.00 m²