GEM OF A CBD ASSET
244 Stirling Terrace
ALBANY, WA 6330
This charming city cottage presents a scarce opportunity to secure a character home or business premises in an excellent CBD location with beautiful harbour views.
Directly opposite Albany’s historic precinct housing the Old Gaol, the Residency Museum and the Brig Amity, the property is a delightful part of the eclectic streetscape of Stirling Terrace.
Its versatility ensures broad appeal with home buyers seeking an inner-city lifestyle or with investors recognising the potential for good returns from short-stay accommodation or easily accessible commercial premises.
Constructed of mostly brick and Colorbond, the building occupies a 349sqm block, zoned Regional Centre, with an R/Code of R-ACO.
It has a sheltered, timber decked area at the main entrance, which opens onto a long, open living room. Here, ceiling roses, decorative cornices and four timber sash windows on two walls enhance the feeling of character and space.
This air-conditioned room with high ceilings could be zoned into lounge or family room and dining area to suit the occupants’ needs, or used as a retail showroom. A few steps lead up to the sizeable kitchen with good cabinetry and terracotta style floor tiles. This adjoins the wet area comprising the bathroom with shower, vanity and toilet, and the laundry, where glass doors lead out to the back yard and a sheltered patio.
Two of the bedrooms are on the ground floor and the main bedroom is upstairs, accessed via a timber staircase. Windows on both sides make this bedroom light and airy while those at the front let in terrific views over the port and Princess Royal Harbour, and out as far as Vancouver Peninsula and the Southern Ocean. Decorative timber flooring extends to the landing leading to the private bathroom complete with shower, vanity and toilet.
There’s off-road parking for two cars at the front and external access to one of the bedrooms, which could be used as a consulting or therapy room.
Catching the buzz of the York Street café strip and shops during the day and taking an easy walk to and from eateries and entertainment venues at night will be a major drawcard for owners, tenants or tourists.
What you need to know:
– Versatile inner-city cottage
– Ideal character home, holiday accommodation or commercial premises
– Views to port, Princess Royal Harbour, Vancouver Peninsula, Southern Ocean
– 349sqm block zoned Regional Centre R-ACO
– Mostly Brick and Colorbond construction
– Air-conditioned open living room
– High ceilings, decorative features, timber sash windows
– Sizeable kitchen
– Main bedroom upstairs with robe, private bathroom and harbour views
– Two queen bedrooms with robes
– Downstairs bathroom with toilet and vanity
– Sheltered rear patio
– Off-road parking for two vehicles
– External access to one bedroom – ideal for consulting or therapy room
– Walk to cafés, shops, entertainment, jetty
– Opposite historic precinct
– Council rates $2,129.36
– Water rates $1,688.15
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 349.0 m²