CHARACTER AND VIEWS GET TICK OF APPROVAL
6 Stanley Street
Mount Melville, WA 6330
Phone: 9841 4022
Mobile: 0409 684 653
Request Property Information
Perched on the sunny side of Mt Melville about 2½ km from the CBD, this charming 1950s cottage occupies an elevated, fully serviced block of 615sqm with panoramic views from the Porongurups and around to Middleton Bay and Mt Clarence.
It represents a terrific bargain buy and has potential for value adding without the need for major work.
Part of a delightful cul-de-sac streetscape of character properties, this is a sound fibro and iron home with a long front deck and sunny rooms, most of which have a fabulous outlook. Timber floorboards, exposed in one bedroom, are an indication of the treasures that lie protected under the floor coverings in other rooms.
While there is scope to modernize the bathroom and kitchen, they are clean and serviceable, so any work could be done while the home is lived in.
At the front is the cosy air-conditioned lounge, which opens onto the sunny kitchen, a good-sized room with gas cooking and a breakfast bar as well as a fabulous ocean view from the sink.
A hallway leads to the three double bedrooms and the bathroom with combined bath and shower and a handbasin.
At the back of the house off the kitchen is the wet area comprising the laundry and separate toilet, and the external door to the yard.
Double gates along the driveway open onto a carport in the back yard, and there’s plenty of level off-road parking besides.
The land is mostly in lawn with a few native trees and low-maintenance garden beds. Under-house storage, a rainwater tank and a garden shed are other benefits.
New owners can do as much or as little as they wish and enjoy the many delights of living in this quiet enclave with an expansive outlook.
With all amenities within easy reach, this tidy property is sure to appeal to budget-conscious owner-occupiers and rental investors alike.
It’s also an ideal proposition as an easy renovator on which to capitalise.
With so much going for it, best you be quick in contacting Lee Stonell on 0409 684 653 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an inspection of this terrific gem before you miss out!
What you need to know:
– Sound fibro and iron cottage, built 1955
– Panoramic views from Porongurups to Middleton Bay
– About 2½ km from CBD, easy access to amenities
– Cul-de-sac location on sunny side of Mt Melville
– 615sqm block, fully serviced, R30 zoning
– Carport, level parking
– Long front deck
– Air-conditioned lounge
– High ceilings, Jarrah floorboards (some under floor coverings)
– Kitchen with gas cooking, breakfast bar
– Three double bedrooms
– Bathroom with bath/shower, handbasin
– Rear wet area comprising laundry and toilet
– Land mostly in lawn with low-maintenance garden beds
– Rainwater tank, under-house storage, garden shed
– Lots of scope to value add
– Suit owner-occupier or rental investor
– Council rates $2,069.93 per annum
– Water rates $1,463.15 per annum
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 615.00 m²