A CLASS ABOVE THE REST
57 Spencer Street
Albany, WA 6330
The perfect blend of historic features and 21st century amenities is proudly displayed in this outstanding home near town.
At the front is the original 1930s cottage, immaculately renovated to showcase its jarrah floors, decorative ceilings, open fireplace and timber windows.
This flows seamlessly through to the rear, where a big, modern extension takes in magnificent 180-degree views over the port, Princess Royal Harbour, the jetty, windfarm, town centre and Mt Melville.
The original part of this multi-level home houses the king-sized master bedroom with a heater in the old fireplace and en suite bathroom, as well as a second big bedroom, a bathroom, and an office or library.
Steps lead up and down from the end of the original hallway into the expertly planned extension incorporating superior materials and inspired design features.
Upstairs, taking advantage of this privileged vantage point, is the sensational open living area with windows along two walls to open up the view and a sheltered deck on the side with pull-down café blinds.
This spacious living room consists of a lounge with a wood fire, a dining area and fabulous white kitchen with a five-burner chef’s stove, island bench, pantry, dishwasher and an abundance of cabinetry, as well as a share of the harbour view.
Down the polished jarrah staircase are three more bedrooms, the third bathroom and toilet, the laundry, and glass doors to the fenced back yard and rear deck.
As part of the 2015 renovation, the home was fully rewired and all walls and ceilings insulated. There are two gas hot water systems, a security system and a storage loft with power, as well as under-house storage.
Another major drawcard for a home of this era is the big double garage with high-clearance doors, power and a workshop at the back.
Setting off the home beautifully, gardens are neatly maintained with trimmed lawns, cottage gardens and raised vegetable and flower beds.
On a good-sized 753sqm block, this is an exceptional property in a highly desirable part of Albany, within a few minutes’ walk of the eateries, entertainment and amenities of town.
Discerning homebuyers demanding quality, space and character will be impressed.
What you need to know:
– Extensive home in historic Albany, 753sqm lot
– 1930s cottage, fully renovated and extended 2015
– Sensational views – port, harbour, windfarm, town, Mt Melville
– Superior quality and design
– Immaculately restored jarrah floors, decorative ceilings, open fireplaces
– Master bedroom with en suite
– Four large bedrooms
– Additional family/lounge room/possible 6th bedroom
– Big, open living room, wood fire, dining area, sheltered deck
– Beautiful white kitchen – pantry, chef’s stove, dishwasher
– Security system, loft and under-house storage
– Two instant gas hot water systems
– Double garage/powered workshop
– Neat gardens, veggies, fruit trees
– Council rates $2,812.76
– Water rates $1,463.15
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 753.00 m²