BEAUTIFUL BUSH, WONDERFUL WILDFLOWERS
130 Norton Road
TORBAY, WA 6330
It’s just 30km from the centre of Albany, but this gorgeous bush block feels a million miles away.
Peace, tranquility and a relaxed lifestyle await the new owners of the 20ha property, which has a lovely home and excellent infrastructure.
Well maintained and tidy throughout, it is perfect for those in search of a piece of unspoilt country to nestle into.
Sheoak, Jarrah and Marri trees, numerous species of native wildflowers and pretty garden beds attract abundant birdlife and create an idyllic setting for the home.
The smart building, clad in Hardiplank with a Colorbond roof, is comfortable and welcoming with French doors on either side of the open living area letting in the winter sun and summer breeze, while raked ceilings, timber features and a skylight enhance the warm ambience.
A slow combustion stove in the country-style kitchen is augmented by a gas cooker, and there’s plenty of cabinetry and a walk-in pantry.
At one end of the house is the king-sized master bedroom with French doors onto a patio and a walk-through robe leading to an ensuite shower room and toilet.
The double-sized second bedroom, with built-in robe, is at the opposite end, near the main bathroom, laundry and toilet.
Verandas front and back provide a choice of outdoor living areas overlooking the bush.
A double carport adjoins the house and outbuildings include a big machinery and general-purpose shed. This has an open-fronted section for the tractor and a concrete floor as well as power, phone and water connected.
A second shed at the side is perfect for hobbies and has a toilet and sink plumbed in.
The land is predominantly bush with an area cleared and mowed, a chook run, an orchard and a vegetable garden.
Good water supplies are from two dams, three rainwater tanks and a winter creek at the rear boundary.
The current owners have made an income from the wildflowers growing naturally in the bush, and there’s scope for exploiting this.
Another opportunity would be to clear more land for grazing sheep – as neighbouring properties have.
Just as it is, though, this is a magic spot. It will delight nature lovers who want to escape the ratrace without sacrificing the convenience of the city when needs must.
What you need to know:
– Lifestyle bush block of 20ha
– Appealing Hardiplank and Colorbond home
– Sunny, open living with warm timber features
– Lounge and dining area
– Country-style kitchen with slow combustion stove, pantry
– King-sized master bedroom with robe and ensuite
– Double second bedroom
– Bathroom with bath, shower, vanity
– Separate toilet off laundry
– Verandas on both sides
– Carport with space for trailer
– Machinery and general-purpose shed with power, phone, water connected
– Adjoining hobby shed with toilet and sink
– Two dams, three rainwater tanks, winter creek at far boundary
– Sheoak, Marri and Jarrah
– Numerous species of wildflowers, could produce an income
– Chook run
– Orchard of mixed fruit trees
– 2018/2019 City of Albany Rates $1,241.00
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 20.02 hectare