CALLING ALL FORWARD THINKERS!
26 Minor Road
ORANA, WA 6330
Home Open Saturday 1:00pm to 1:30pm
An excellent opportunity exists for an astute purchaser to invest in this substantial property and reap compound rewards in the future.
It consists of a 1960s built fibro and Zincalume home on an approximately 1322sqm block (almost a third of an acre) with a garage and carport.
While it’s an ideal rental earner, perhaps the most exciting aspect of this property is its potential for subdivision or development, subject to local authority permits.
The Minor Road property backs onto Katoomba Street, so it has two-road frontage, which would be of particular interest to developers.
Zoned R25 and with deep sewerage connected, it is big enough to be subdivided into at least two lots, each with its own street frontage, for resale, or for building two family homes or possibly up to four villas after the removal of the existing building (subject to approval by the relevant authorities).
A purchaser wishing to take this route could rent out the home while progressing plans and permits, realising an income into the bargain.
Another alternative is to simply install tenants and leave the development strategy for later.
The home is dated, but it is sound and liveable as it is, even though a minor spruce up would pay dividends.
It has a few classic original features, such as the high ceilings, some with decorative roses, and timber window frames. Under the floor coverings are jarrah floorboards and the frame and stumps of the dwelling are also made of solid jarrah.
A centrally positioned tile fire heats the lounge and adjoining meals area as well as the nearby bedrooms, all of which are double size. A gas bayonet is also available for gas heating. There’s a bath and shower in the bathroom and an enclosed sunroom at the back door.
The kitchen has a gas stove and a window overlooking the back yard, with views through to the Porongurups on a clear day.
A driveway leads past the house to the garage and carport. There’s a rainwater tank sitting just behind the house and towards the back boundary, a garden shed.
Mostly in grass, the block is cleared except for a few trees.
All amenities are within easy reach. A major supermarket, the cinema, schools, TAFE and town are all a few minutes away, making this location desirable for tenants and future home owners alike.
Considering the potential for this price, the property could turn out to be the bargain of the year.
Contact Lee Stonell on 0409 684 653 for further information or to request an inspection.
What you need to know:
– 1960s fibro and Zincalume home in sound condition
– Block of 1322sqm, R25 zoning, deep sewerage connected
– Two-road frontage
– Subdivision or development potential with local authority permission
– Lounge with wood fire and gas bayonet, kitchen/meals area
– Three double size bedrooms, bathroom
– Garage and adjacent carport
– Rainwater tank, garden shed
– Land mostly in grass with a few trees
– Rent out while planning development and permits
– Potential for replacing existing building with two, three or four new houses (subject to approval from relevant authorities)
– Another alternative – install tenants and leave development for later
– Within easy reach of a supermarket, schools, TAFE and town
– 2017/2018 Water Rates $1,353.73
– 2018/2019 Council Rates $1,727.27
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 1322.0 m²