SIT BACK AND ADMIRE THE VIEW
7 Melrose Street
MOUNT MELVILLE, WA 6330
From its vantage point on an 875sqm block on Mount Melville, this lovely character home enjoys expansive views from Middleton Bay and Gull Rock National Park, over Albany and as far as the Porongurups.
A terrific property sure to hit the mark with an active family, it is a short drive from the CBD and a bike-ride from schools and sports facilities.
With a northerly aspect, this is a sunny, warm and inviting home with polished original jarrah floorboards and decorative ceilings reflecting its 1960s heritage.
Making the most of the outlook is a sunroom or dining room at the front, with three windows on two walls. This opens onto the renovated kitchen, a well-appointed room with a dishwasher, island bench and plenty of cabinets.
Next is the generous lounge, a comfortable room at the front with a share of the view.
At the back of the house is an open activity area or office, off which come the three bedrooms, bathroom and laundry.
All the bedrooms are doubles and the master has built-in robes. The bathroom, with both bath and shower, has also been revamped in recent years.
A real treat is the extensive rear deck, covered and screened from the weather and big enough for family gatherings.
Enhancing the living spaces is an impressive freestanding Colorbond studio or games room. Currently used as a gym, this is a long, versatile room every family would love to have.
Living is easy and parking is no problem, either. There are two driveways, one to a single garage under the house and the other at the side for extra vehicles.
Gardens surrounding the property are mostly in lawn bordered by garden beds, shrubs and trees, and the back yard is fully fenced to contain small children and pets.
Waking up to views like this would get your day off to a fine start, so inspect this charming property and consider the many reasons a Mount Melville lifestyle is so desirable.
What you need to know:
– Family home on elevated 875sqm lot
– Expansive views from Middleton Bay to Porongurups
– Fibro/cladding and iron construction
– Cul-de-sac location
– Original 1960s features – jarrah floors, decorative ceilings
– Front sunroom or dining room
– Renovated kitchen with dishwasher, island bench, good cabinetry, space for dining table
– Comfortable lounge
– Fabulous undercover, sheltered deck
– Activity room or office
– Versatile studio or games room
– Three double bedrooms, one with robes
– Bathroom with bath, shower, vanity
– Laundry and separate toilet
– Single garage plus good extra parking
– Fenced back yard
– Few minutes from CBD, schools, sports
– Water rates $1,353.73
– Council rates $2,131.54
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 875.0 m²