AN AWESOME LITTLE EARNER
15 Leslie Street
YAKAMIA, WA 6330
Here’s a great-value package with a variety of options for investors looking for a good rental return, first homebuyers or those with an eye for a sound renovator to profit from.
Just as it stands, this is an attractive property – a well-kept 1950s fibro cottage on a big block of 913sqm a short distance from schools and a shopping centre and a five-minute drive from York Street.
It wouldn’t take much to make it sparkle as it’s in good condition, and the charming original timber floors and windows, brick fireplace and decorative cornices have been retained during renovations over the years.
Living areas consist of a generous lounge with a wood fire and air conditioning, a good-sized dining room and a terrific covered patio at the back door, with pull-down café blinds at one end and enough space for barbies with family and friends.
The front and rear verandas have been enclosed, augmenting the living spaces. The front is a pleasant sunroom or hobby room and the back accesses the third bedroom and makes an ideal office or study.
With a big walk-in pantry and space for a meals table, the kitchen is a pleasant room with white cabinetry, an extra-wide gas stove and a dishwasher.
All three bedrooms have newish carpet. Two are doubles and the one at the rear is a good-sized single. All share the bathroom with bath, shower and basin, and the toilet is separate, accessed via the laundry.
The inside is a treat and the outside is just as impressive. A mulched garden of native water-wise plantings at the front demands little attention, and the private, enclosed back yard is mostly in lawn – perfect for children and dogs to safely enjoy the outdoors.
There’s a garden shed, a woodshed and a gate allowing vehicular access for the trailer or caravan. At the side is a single garage and a carport.
This property will have wide appeal for its location, character, good condition and big block. It could be rented out just as it is, or owner-occupiers might want to give it a spruce-up and really show off its original beauty.
It’s bargain buying with a host of possibilities.
What you need to know:
– 1950s fibro cottage
– Big block – 913sqm
– Great location – easy access to schools, shops, town
– Good condition with original timber floors
– Generous lounge with wood fire and air conditioning
– Dining room
– Kitchen with meals area, walk-in pantry, white cabinetry, dishwasher
– Three bedrooms with newish carpet – two doubles, one big single
– Bathroom with bath, shower, vanity
– Separate toilet
– Enclosed front veranda – ideal sunroom or hobby room
– Enclosed rear veranda – ideal office or study
– Terrific undercover patio
– Fully fenced back yard, mostly in lawn
– Vehicular access for caravan or trailer
– Single garage plus carport
– Low-maintenance front garden in water-wise natives
– Rent out as it is for good returns, or renovate and profit
– Also suit first homebuyers
– Council rates $1,900.53
– Water rates $1,427.45
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 913.0 m²