CHARACTER HOME WHERE EVERYTHING’S HANDY
9 Katoomba Street
ORANA, WA 6330
For investors and first homebuyers, a property such as this is an exciting proposition.
It presents a chance to pick up an appealing character home in an excellent family area and with a little effort and a modest further investment, transform it into a desirable, comfortable residence – or rent it out as it is.
The fibro and tile home, which occupies a 661sqm block with a carport, garage and shed, sits amid neat lawns and displays some charming features from its 1950s origins, all of which are in great condition.
Jarrah floorboards flow throughout the home, it has the original timber window frames and decorative ceiling cornices, and there’s a wood fire built in to a fireplace in the lounge – which is also air-conditioned.
A front veranda shelters the main entrance, which opens onto a wide central hallway from which most rooms radiate.
At the front is the lounge with a picture window looking out to the veranda, and the main bedroom, a good-sized double with air conditioning.
The second bedroom is also a double and the third a good-sized single. The bathroom has a bath, walk-in shower and vanity, and the toilet is off the laundry at the rear. An air conditioner is also fitted in the meals area adjoining the kitchen. Both the bathroom and kitchen could do with renovation, but they are clean and serviceable just as they are.
The garage in the back yard is accessed via the drive-through carport, and there’s a garden shed as well as good storage or workshop space at the side of the garage.
A major benefit of this home is its location about 1km from NASHS, TAFE and Coles supermarket in one direction and Mt Lockyer Primary School in the other. It’s also only a five-minute drive from town.
If you’re handy with the tools and fancy adding real value to an already attractive property, this could be an easy project.
Discover its charm for yourself and you could be reaping the rewards in the not-too-distant future.
What you need to know:
– Fibro and tile character home
– 661sqm block
– About 1km from schools, TAFE, Coles supermarket, cinema
– Five minutes’ drive from town
– Jarrah floorboards throughout
– Decorative ceiling cornices, timber window frames
– Lounge with wood fire and air conditioning
– Main bedroom with air conditioning
– Two further bedrooms – one a double; the other a good-sized single
– Bathroom with bath, shower, vanity
– Air-conditioned kitchen/meals area
– Laundry and separate toilet
– Garage and workshop/storage
– Garden shed
– Neat gardens, mostly in lawn
– Security screens at most doors and windows
– 2017/2018 Water Rates $1,353.73
– 2018/2019 Council Rates $1,756.16
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 661.0 m²