ROLLING HILLS AND RIVER VIEWS
21 Hyde Court
LOWER KING, WA 6330
Owning a lovely home on a big block of land offers myriad lifestyle attractions – not least the privacy, the peace and quiet, and the green open spaces.
Above all, there’s the freedom to choose your priorities and indulge your passions, whether you have a family to accommodate or just want to revel in the great outdoors and keep a horse or a few head of stock.
From this impressive property in Lower King, you would be monarch of your own beautiful domain of 9500sqm (nearly 2.5 acres) and enjoy far-reaching rural views over the river estuary and towards the city.
In a secluded enclave at the end of a cul-de-sac, the block consists of gently sloping land, mostly in grass with original vegetation of mature eucalypts and a band of assorted native trees at the boundary attracting an abundance of birdlife.
Positioned near the top to maximise the view, the home is comfortable, versatile and well designed, promising the owners all the convenience of modern living while incorporating country charm and character.
Built of brick with a Colorbond roof, it has paved verandas all round and a terrific undercover patio with pull-down cafe blinds, allowing the owners to choose a sheltered spot and take in the view whichever way the wind is blowing.
The hub of the home is a generous open living space comprising a lounge and dining area, overlooked by a sizeable corner kitchen.
Big windows and glass doors make this a sunny, airy space, heated in winter by a wood-burning stove and cooled in summer by air conditioning – or a more economical through-breeze for which the design allows.
The well-appointed kitchen has a dishwasher and pantry, attractive cabinetry and space for a big fridge/freezer.
Positioned at the rear to share the expansive outlook is the master bedroom. This has a long walk-in robe which doubles as a dressing room and an en suite bathroom with shower, vanity and toilet.
The other three bedrooms, all doubles and two with built-in robes, have access to a second bathroom.
Flooring is mainly practical timber-look vinyl with carpet in the bedrooms, and the decor is clean and bright.
Security screens on the doors, good storage, solar panels and hot water system, and good Internet access are other advantages of this well-maintained and beautifully presented home.
There’s space to store the ride-on mower and big vehicles in excellent outbuildings of a 6mx6m high-clearance shed and a garden shed. For everyday vehicles, there’s a double carport at the front of the house.
Attractive gardens surround the home and there’s a rainwater tank as well as stone fruit and citrus trees and a veggie patch, though the rest of the fully-fenced block has been established to require little maintenance.
For families, the proximity of Great Southern Grammar and the fishing and recreation spots of the King River and nearby walking tracks would compound the rewards of living here.
The property is a 15-minute drive from the CBD, making this an easy commute with the lure of a coveted country lifestyle to drive home to.
What you need to know:
– Brick and Colorbond home with rural and river views
– 9500sqm block (nearly 2.5 acres)
– Big open living space with wood-burning stove
– Good-sized kitchen with pantry and dishwasher
– Master bedroom with dressing room and en suite bathroom
– Three other double bedrooms, two with built-ins
– Family bathroom with bath, separate shower, toilet and vanity
– Excellent presentation, good Internet connection
– Sheltered, paved patio with cafe blinds
– Double-bay, high-clearance shed, garden shed, double carport
– Land mostly in grass with tall gums and natives
– Veggie patch, fruit trees, rainwater tank
– Ideal for horse, sheep, goats, chooks
– Close to Great Southern Grammar, fishing and recreation at King River
– 15-minute commute to Albany
– 2017/2018 Water Rates $250.40
– 2018/2019 City of Albany Rates $2,226.41
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 9500.0 m²