CITY COTTAGE WITH DRESS-CIRCLE VIEWS
29 Earl Street
Albany, WA 6330
From its perch on the side of Mt Clarence a short walk from the CBD, this highly appealing character home enjoys spectacular panoramic views over Princess Royal Harbour and out to Torndirrup National Park.
It overlooks the marina, jetty, Anzac Park, the entertainment centre and adjacent tourist hub, and promises a dress circle view of the New Year’s Eve fireworks.
The beautifully preserved 1950s home displays polished jarrah floors, decorative ceilings and art deco-inspired pelmets, and has been tastefully modernised for practicality and comfort.
Complementing the generous, air-conditioned lounge at the front of the house is a fabulous sunroom at the rear. Here, a wall of glazing maximises the outlook and a door leads to a big, elevated deck for summer relaxation and entertaining.
The third bedroom also enjoys the amazing outlook. A good-sized single with a built-in robe, this would lend itself to use as an office – with one of the best views of any office in town!
The kitchen is a big room with space for a meals table and an abundance of smart ivory cabinetry, a gas cook-top and a wall oven.
Both of the other two bedrooms have built-in robes. The master at the front is a queen size and the third is a double, and all share the centrally sited bathroom, with a bath, walk-in shower, vanity and toilet.
Under the house is the well-appointed laundry with modern built-in cabinetry, and a lockable storage room.
The sloping block of 1012sqm is terraced with flat areas for lawn, garden beds, a gazebo, a veggie patch, rainwater tank and garden shed, and has water-wise native plantings for low maintenance.
There’s a single garage at the side plus off-road parking for another vehicle, and the back yard is gated to contain children and dogs.
The location is another major drawcard. This property is only about 500 metres from the CBD and the eateries, shops, entertainment and amenities. It’s also within easy reach of schools and fishing spots.
This is an opportunity to own property in a sought-after part of old Albany, with spades of character, modern amenities for practicality and remarkable views.
What you need to know:
– Fibro and tile 1950s character home
– Beautifully preserved, polished jarrah floors, decorative ceilings
– Sensational harbour views, outlook over entertainment centre, Anzac Park,
jetty, marina and tourist hub
– 500 metres from CBD
– Generous, air-conditioned lounge
– Rear sunroom and sizeable deck
– Modern kitchen with space for meals table
– Three bedrooms, all with built-in robes
– Bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, vanity, toilet
– Under-house laundry with modern cabinetry
– Store room
– Terraced 1012sqm block – potential to subdivide
– Lawns, native gardens, veggies, gazebo, garden shed, rainwater tank
– Single garage plus off-road parking space
– Walk to restaurants, entertainment, shops and amenities
– Easy access to schools, fishing
– Council rates $2,069.93
– Water rates $1,463.15
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 1012.00 m²