REVEL IN THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
13 Ashwell Street
MOUNT MELVILLE, WA 6330
Here’s a beautifully presented and well-appointed character home on an elevated block of 850sqm a short drive from Albany’s CBD.
The lovely home on Mt Melville retains all the charm and character of its mid-1960s beginnings and takes in expansive views from most rooms.
Clad in sparkling white and with a tile roof, the home sits behind a neat front lawn with low-maintenance garden beds and a driveway leading to a garage at the side.
The interior is warm and inviting, with polished jarrah floorboards, high ceilings and a fireplace reflecting its origins, while modern features and comforts have been tastefully incorporated to please today’s families looking for a centrally-located, convenient home.
Big picture windows in the lounge and dining room take advantage of the outlook towards the south coast and Michaelmas Island and around to the north-eastern hinterland while also making this good-sized living area light and inviting all year round.
Fitted with white cabinetry and a Miele dishwasher, the kitchen is a pleasant work area which enjoys an outlook over the back yard and to the hills in the distance.
Two of the three double bedrooms share the view to the south. Two have plush carpet, while the master has jarrah floorboards. All are conveniently located near the bathroom, which has been tastefully renovated and includes a shower, bath, vanity and toilet. There’s a second toilet off the adjacent laundry.
At the back door is a paved deck with space for a family-sized outdoor setting and a barbecue.
Beyond that is the enclosed back garden, a paradise for children as there are trees to climb, a sandpit to play in and a big lawn for footie or cricket. At the far end, screened from the play area by woolly bushes, is the productive part of the garden, with raised vegetable beds and a garden shed. Mandarins and oranges grow at the side of the house, and on the opposite side, there’s a lockable storeroom or workshop.
Within biking distance for teenagers are the sports grounds on North Road, parks and play areas. Primary and high schools and TAFE are within easy reach, as are shops and medical facilities, while the beach is a short drive away.
Sleek venetian blinds and ivory decor finish off this well-maintained and much-loved property, which is ready for a new family to move in and reap the rewards of a coveted Mt Melville lifestyle.
What you need to know:
– Well-maintained 1960s home
– 850sqm block
– Expansive views from most rooms
– Original features include jarrah floorboards, high ceilings, fireplace
– Good-sized lounge, opening to dining area
– Kitchen with white cabinetry and Miele dishwasher
– Renovated bathroom with bath, shower, vanity, toilet
– Second toilet off laundry
– All double bedrooms – two with plush carpet, one with polished floor
– Rear paved deck
– Fully fenced, big back yard
– Citrus trees, lawn, veggie beds, garden shed
– Outdoor storeroom or workshop
– Sunny home with big windows to maximise view
– Excellent presentation inside and out
– Clean decor, sleek venetian blinds
– Within easy reach of schools, sports, shops, parks, CBD
Property Type: Residential Homes
Land Size: 850 m²